This was a recipe I found on Snacking Squirrel.
5 cups water
1.5 cups dry split peas (I used green)
2 cups diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot (I used about 1 large carrot, just because I looooooove carrots!)
1/2 cup cubed potato (I used half of a sweet potato, made for a much yummier suprise)
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp salt
I also added:
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillion
- 2.5 tsp Italian seasoning mix
1. Bring water and veggies to a boil.
2. Add split peas, then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Partially cover and let simmer for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Add spices near the end of cooking time.
|Look at the colors! :)|
Per serving - Calories - 82.8, Fat - 0.5g, Sodium - 346mg, Carbs - 12.3g, Protein - 4.4g