Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

nothin warms the tummy like a bowl of creamy dreamy...

SPLIT PEA SOUP!!!


This was a recipe I found on Snacking Squirrel


Ingredients :
5 cups water
1.5 cups dry split peas (I used green)
2 cups diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot (I used about 1 large carrot, just because I looooooove carrots!)
1/2 cup cubed potato (I used half of a sweet potato, made for a much yummier suprise)
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp salt
Pinch pepper
Pinch thyme


I also added:
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillion
- 2.5 tsp Italian seasoning mix


Directions:
1. Bring water and veggies to a boil.
2. Add split peas, then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Partially cover and let simmer for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Add spices near the end of cooking time.
5. Serve.


Look at the colors! :)
Yummmm!
My recipe made about 7 - 1 cup servings.
Per serving -  Calories - 82.8, Fat - 0.5g, Sodium - 346mg, Carbs - 12.3g, Protein - 4.4g


My 'Just Because' picture of today:
A carrot muffin with cream cheese icing. Not the healthiest thing, but sometimes that's okay!

It's okay to treat yourself, just don't overinduldge!

 Enjoy!


Question of the day:
What is your favorite treat to yourself?


Toodleloo!
Lauren





2 comments:

  1. omg u werent kidding. i love that u used sweet potatoes! looks so YUMMY !!! nom nom nom :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the last bowl! You need to make more!

    ReplyDelete