First off, this is not my recipe. But, this is a perfect accompaniment to a bowl of your favorite healthy soup! It is also super easy and a good way to sneak some veggies into your child's food without them really knowing it! ;) So let's get this delightful show on the road!!
Hungry Girl's Cheesy-Good Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (such as Eggbeaters)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (or green onions, as I have used)
- 2 tbsp Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Optional (but very delicious!): 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda, baking powder, and salt until mixed well.
|The corn is in there too, I swear!|
Add the contents of the small bowl to the large one and stir until mixed thoroughly.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute muffin batter among the cups.
|That's my boyfriend with me. He's pretty cute. :)|
Makes 12 servings
For 1 muffin
Calories - 85, Fat - 1.5g, Sodium - 240 mg, Carbs - 14g, Fiber - 1 g, Protein - 4g
Enjoy the muffins, and keep warm!!