What really gets me is how much people hate on her and the rest of the cast of Glee. They are talented people, and HELLO this is show choir people. It's not the version of Dream On or Bohemian Rhapsody or Don't Stop Believin' that everyone knows and is used to. I always get made fun of for it, but you know what? Don't hate on me until you know for yourself. It truly is an awesome show!!
Now to the nom's.
I made this dish twice in two days actually, because a) it was delicious, b) it needed some fine tuning , c) I wanted to cook some for my boyfriend.
One Pot Chicken Lemon Rice
Adapted from Meals & Moves
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, diced (I used a 1/4 of a large one, but use to your preference)
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced very thin (I left mine in bite sized pieces)
- 2 tsp Clubhouse Greek seasoning
- 1.75 cups (15oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 lemons in picture, but 1st attempt it turned out to be too overpowering)
- Zest of same lemon
- 1.5 cups brown minute-rice (uncooked)
- 1.5 cups broccoli, chopped roughly
- 0.5 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped roughly (omitted as I didn't have any)
- 0.5 cup cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over med-high heat. Add garlic, onions and carrots and saute for about 4-5 minutes.
Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
Turn heat down to medium and add chicken. Stir often, making sure all sides are cooked. Add your Greek seasoning (if desired).
While that is cooking, combine chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, cornstarch and brown rice together in a small bowl. Salt this mixture.
Once your chicken is cooked through, add your rice mixture and turn the heat back up to medium-high.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Once it is boiling, add your broccoli, parsley, and cream soup.
Mix well and turn heat to low.
Cover this mixture and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until rice has absorbed the liquid and it is nice and creamy.
|It has the little brother Taste of Approval!|
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving - Cal - 310, Fat - 6.6g, Sodium - 292.6mg, Carbs - 38.5g, Protein - 26.3g
This dish is creamy, full of flavor, fresh and delicious!
Don't be scared to comment, I would love to see more below!!