Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

it's a beautiful dayyyyyy

This morning, I woke up an hour early unintentionally. 
 My alarm was set to go off at 8:30, but I woke up at 7:30. I guess that the auto-Daylight Savings Time button thought it was yesterday the clocks sprung ahead. Silly technology. But instead of falling back asleep right away, I thought I'd better find out what time it actually was, since my phone said one thing and my clock said another. When I did find out it actually was 7:30, I just decided to get up in a few minutes.

I felt great this morning! I was up and made some fresh hot coffee, then had to go up and get myself some eggs for my breakfast since there was only one lonely egg in the fridge. I love my omelets for breakfast. And what a gorgeous morning it is today!! Hopefully some of this snow goes away. Yesterday at my job, water was melting and flowing down the alley and settling along the foundation of our building. That resulted in 4+ hours of constant cleaning to keep the water at a minimum. My calf muscles and arms definitely got a workout from all that scooping! So hopefully I feel like starting my workout tonight!

I realized this morning while discussing what to make this week with my mother that I have another recipe that I made and forgot to post. So here it goes. I'm not entirely sure where this came from actually, so I DID NOT create this.

Honey-Baked Lentils
*In pictures shown, amount is recipe doubled*


For a single batch:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup lentils (I used Moong Dal)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 0.5 tsp ginger
  • 2 tbsp tamari / soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: 


Bake in covered dish @ 350 degrees for about an hour and a half.

Makes 6 - 1/2 cup servings.
Per serving: 
Calories - 108, Fat - 5.0 g, Carbs - 14 g, Protein - 4 g



Also, who is watching Glee and Biggest Loser tonight?
This girl sure is.




xo
Lauren

 

4 comments:

  1. I love lentils and that recipe looks like a winner! Your background on your blog is super cute, love the colorful silverware. I don't really watch TV so my answers to your Q are nope and nope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lentils! I'm definitely going to try that recipe!

    I watched Biggest Loser and will be catching up on Glee later via Hulu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!
    Let me know how it goes :D

    ReplyDelete