Today`s breakfast was pretty tasty actually. Yoplait Source Exotik Pineapple Coconut Banana yogurt with little flax ball cereal, and an egg white omelet with mushrooms and green peppers on a PC Blue Menu Whole Grain Thin.
Lunch was a delicious random concotion. I don`t have a picture other than from my cell phone. It included cooked minute rice, steamed butternut squash and sweet potatoes, black beans and sweet corn. The dressing was equal parts of red pepper jelly and italian dressing with a splash of Frank`s Red Hot Chile & Lime hot sauce. Soooooooo tasty for a random meal :D
Supper was the star of the show, in my opinion. I knew I wanted something with teriyaki sauce, and there was a package of pork in the fridge. So thanks to the world wide web, I found a delicious recipe.
Honey-Glazed Teriyaki Pork
Adapted from this blog post
- Cooking spray
- 4 - 4oz boneless pork chopped, fat trimmed
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp thick teriyaki sauce (low-sodium, if you can find it) + 0.5 tbsp of honey, mixed in a small bowl
- Preheat broiler to about 450 Fahrenheit
- Cover baking sheet with tin foil, and spray
- Season your pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Broil chops 3" from heat for 2 minutes
- Turn chops and brush each chop with honey-teriyaki glaze
- Broil for 3 - 5 more minutes, until the glaze is browned
This took literally 8 and a half minutes to cook. I had steamed the veggies and cooked the rice earlier this morning, so it was a simple awesome meal!
How`s the weather where you are? Is it unpredictable as it is here?