Overcast and rather blah looking outside, I made my breakfast. I burnt my butter in the pan (apparently) and the toaster was cranked up on 6 1/2 so my toast was rather... crispy. My dad had gone for eggs, so when he came back, I made his breakfast, and left mine waiting on the counter. He wanted mushrooms with his eggs, so I had those chopped up. I decided to be sneaky and made him a scrambled egg breakfast with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites instead of the usual 3 egg omelette!! I added a little bit of cheese on top. He seemed to enjoy it but it didn't make him "full" enough.
Lunch was from the freezer. Leftover lentil stew which my mother and I shared! So so tasty. I need to make that again!
The weather is still as strange as ever!! Here are some pictures from the run that my mom and I went on last week :
|She is standing on the road!|
During that whole run, it would be sunny, then hail. Sun, hail. Sun, hail! And those clouds were scary!!
The other day a BUS got stuck in a sinkhole over by a church here in town. A legit sinkhole! It didn't get all swallowed up end-of-the-world-like, but that's just how soft the dirt is underneath the pavement. I only got pictures after the fact.
|This is a farm a few miles out of town. Might as well build the ark now!!|
On to a different topic. I was recently on a message board and I saw a topic called Top 10 Foods. It was just a different list of foods that you eat on a daily or weekly basis.
My Top 10 (and my favorite meal with said ingredient):
All recipes with pictures are either from I See Fit People (Mom's FB page) or my blog.
1. Lentils - Honey Baked Lentils
2. Sweet Potatoes - Though there are many different ways to enjoy these babies, I think that my favorite meal with this as the main star would have to be Sweet Potato Sheperd's Pie.
3. Cottage Cheese - Easy Mac & Cheese
4. Butternut Squash - Butternut Squash Lasagna with Caramelized Onions (TO. DIE. FOR)
5. Eggs - Your basic omelette. That is my breakfast every morning if I can! 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, a dollop of cream cheese, and some light mixed cheese.
6. Chicken - Chicken Lasagna. This recipe definitely is NOT the healthiest one in the book, but it sure is tasty. It has 5 different kinds of cheese in it and is all kinds of heavenly!
7. Popcorn - Air-popped, huge bowl, ketchup-nacho-dill pickle-sour cream seasonings, Biggest Loser, OH YEAH.
8. Chickpeas - Homemade Chana Masala. This does NOT last long in our house. So fragrant and wonderful.
9. Quinoa - Vegetarian Muscle Meal (with lentils)
10. Spaghetti Squash - oven roasted, served with a little pasta sauce and a sprinkling of cheese with salt and pepper.
Runners-Up : Mixed Greens and Broccoli
Now I'm off for some salad and some sweet potato sheperd's pie. For realz!!
What is your top 10??