On Monday, my mom and I had taken a trip to the liquor store so she could pick up some vodka (relax people, it was for homemade vanilla!) and when we were leaving, I spotted something I thought she might be interested in.
Molson 67 Sublime. It's a 67 calorie, light beer with a hint of lemon and lime made by Molson brewers. It only became available in Canada on June 1st, and I'm pretty sure that it's only available in the western provinces (except British Columbia) and Ontario right now. But these definitely hit the spot yesterday with that sun beating down and the heat reaching 33 degrees! I didn't get that gross feeling that I usually get from drinking in the sun, which was awesome. The lemon-lime flavor was just enough, and they were almost guilt-free :)
Supper last night was so easy. Both Mom and I were cooking in our little kitchen area, which was getting hotter by the minute because we were using the stove and the oven. It was the perfect way to end off the day. You can dip these in any kind of sauce you would like, because they are so versatile! And kid-friendly!
Panko-Flax Baked Chicken Nuggets
Based on Skinny Taste's recipe
Makes 24 nuggets
For 1 - 4 chicken nugget serving :
Calories - 153.1, Fat - 5.5 g, Sodium - 117.2 mg, Carbs - 3.8 g, Protein - 23.1 g
And just for fun, here are the stats for a typical 4 piece chicken nugget meal made with white meat from McDonald's (source) :
Calories - 210, Fat - 14 g, Sodium - 450 mg, Carbs - 13 g, Protein - 10 g
Sure they might taste good
- 20 oz (1.3 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into nugget size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1.25 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp ground flax meal
- 4 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp seasonings - I used Clubhouse Sweet Chili and Peppers, but you could use anything you wanted to!
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Get a baking sheet and cover with parchment paper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Put olive oil in one bowl, and Panko, flax meal and seasonings in another
- Dunk a few pieces at a time in the olive oil, and transfer to breadcrumbs bowl. Toss with fingers until chicken is coated.
- Spread out on baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook 8 - 10 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 4 -6 more minutes, or until cooked through. If you have a convection oven, there may be no need to flip them.
|Definitely cooking in a bikini and an apron...|
|Served with baby roasted potatoes and asparagus with a balsamic reduction|
|Enjoying supper before going to see The Hangover 2!|
Hope everyone is getting lovely weather!! And if you need a good (adult-rated) laugh, go see The Hangover 2! Just as stupid and funny as the first one.